All members are welcome to come explore, learn and share your love of gardening at the Club’s 800 square foot greenhouse, located in the Comstock Community Center. Under the guidance of experienced greenhouse committee members, all members have the opportunity to learn to sow seeds, experiment with unfamiliar plants, learn propagation techniques, and grow and care for most of the plants used to fill the numerous pots, baskets and containers sold at the Club’s annual Mother’s Day Plant Sale! Additionally, creative workshops hosted by the Greenhouse Committee are eagerly anticipated events.
Examples of recent workshops include:
- Make your own boxwood topiary
- Creating succulent wreaths and planters
- How to make more plants from cuttings
- Growing houseplants and orchids
- Seed starting, potting up and growing out
- Native plants primer
- Greenhouse 101
- Tool sharpening basics
- Easy care air plants (or how to grow Tillandsias)
- How to make a succulent terrarium
- The art of forcing bulbs
- Amaryllis potting
The Greenhouse is open in early September through mid-May; M/W/F from 9:30 to 12:00 noon.
Additional resources are available here.