Welcome to the 2021 Daffodil Festival!
It’s our birthday, and we’re throwing a party! The Wilton Garden Club is pleased to host its first ever Daffodil Festival as one of several events to mark its 100th anniversary. There are activities for all ages, and festival-goers are encouraged to dress up for the occasion and participate enthusiastically! Please join us on Saturday, April 17th from 10am-2pm at the Wilton Historical Society (224 Danbury Rd). Please download and print the registration form and bring your completed form with you to the event.
Additionally, be sure to take a drive along Wilton’s Golden Miles, a new program started by the club this year to celebrate our 100th anniversary! Click here for more information and driving directions.
DAFFODIL FESTIVAL – GENERAL RULES
- COVID Precautions: To ensure everyone’s safety, this is a one-way, drive-through event. Please enter the parking lot at the Historical Society and remain in your car. An event organizer will meet you to take your registration forms and guide you around the driveway. Please wear masks and observe proper social distancing. All pets must remain leashed during the Daffodil Festival.
- Daffy Hat Contest: The Garden Club encourages whimsical daffodil-themed hats and fanciful costumes. Dress up individually or as a family. Nothing is too daffy! Please fill out a registration form and bring it with you to the Daffodil Festival. Only one form is required for family registration.
- Daffy Dog Contest: Whose pet will be crowned Wilton’s Daffiest Dog? Here is your chance to daffilly adorn your four-legged friends. All kinds of pets are eligible, even turtles! Please fill out the registration form (one form for each pet) and bring it with you to the Daffodil Festival.
- Daffodil Photo Contest: The Garden Club is challenging Wilton’s amateur photographers, young or old, to enter up to 5 daffodil photos in our photo contest. All photos are acceptable (landscapes, close-ups, daffodils with people or animals, etc.) as long as they feature daffodils. Digital images are required. Please email images as the “actual size” with your name and contact information to WGCDaffodilFestival@gmail.com by April 17th. Rights to use the images for potential promotional purposes are granted to the Wilton Garden Club.
- Flower Show – Horticulture: Show us your daffs! You can enter single stems of fresh cut daffodils, up to a total of 5 different varieties. No need to provide the name of the variety. Please fill out a registration form for each daffodil entered, fold it in half, and then tape it to the jar. Please drop off your daffodils at the Wilton Historical Society on Friday, April 16th, between 3:00 – 6:00 pm. Sorry, we can’t return your daffodils to you – we’ll be making bouquets and giving them to seniors at assisted living facilities after the festival.
- Flower Show – Floral Design: Show off your creative chops with a daff-inspired flower arrangement. They can be of any size, shape or form, and any kind of container is acceptable, as long as fresh flowers are used and daffodils are the predominant theme. Please fill out a registration form, fold it in half, and then tape it to your entry. Please drop off your floral designs at the Wilton Historical Society on Friday, April 16th, between 3:00 – 6:00 pm. Flower arrangements can be picked up at the end of the festival between 2:00 – 3:00 pm.