OLD TOWN HALL RENTAL INFORMATION
Old Town Hall Rentals, P.O. Box 121, Wilton, CT 06897
GPS Address for parking:
2 Belden Hill Lane, Wilton, CT 06897
(NO ACCESS TO OLD TOWN HALL (OTH) PARKING ON RIDGEFIELD RD)
ZERO TOLERANCE for accessing PRIVATE DRIVE to left of OTH
RENTAL FEES: (set up and take down included)
|Weekday Event Hours:||Weekend Event Hours:|
*LONG TERM RENTALS and NOT-FOR-PROFIT organizations will be given special consideration.
Please contact the rental chair for more information.
- Maximum Capacity: 53 Seated at tables, 72 Seated Auditorium style, or 114 Standing
- Hall (25’ x 33’) with two restrooms, kitchen and coat closet, hangers for 40
- Refrigerator, full-sized with side-freezer
- Electric range (four-burner with oven), double wall oven and a microwave oven
- Coffee/hot-drink pots, one 30-cup and one 60-cup pot
- Ten rectangular folding tables – 30” wide x 6’ long, seventy-two folding chairs
- Parking for up to 40 cars
- Trash and garbage dumpster (NO RECYCLABLES)
- Air conditioning
- Handicapped accessible
Reserve date(s): Rental Agreement & Security Deposit will reserve your date(s).
Final confirmation: Certificate of Liability Insurance & full rental fee must be received 10 days prior to event.
Old Town Hall Rentals, P.O. Box 121, Wilton, CT 06897
SECURITY DEPOSIT: A refundable deposit of $150 is required at the time of booking. Upon satisfactory inspection of premises following rental, the deposit will be returned approximately 2 weeks after the rental date. Cancellations received 10 days or less prior to the event will result in forfeiture of the deposit.
CERTIFICATE OF LIABILITY INSURANCE: The Town of Wilton and Wilton Garden Club (owner/lessee) must be named as ‘additional insured’, required as proof that the renter has liability insurance with a limit of at least $1,000,000 to cover the event. The certificate must include date, Old Town Hall location & description of the event. Please mail to Old Town Hall Rentals at the address above.
RENTAL FEE: Must be received 10 days prior to the event, for hours used, as per the agreement. Fee is payable online or by check mailed to Old Town Hall Rentals at the address above.
- Parking: ALL parking must be in the parking lot behind the Old Town Hall, accessed from 2 Belden Hill Lane. NO PARKING in the church lots (across the street) without prior permission. NO ENTRY or PARKING in the PRIVATE DRIVEWAY to the left of OTH. We must maintain a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for not adhering to parking restrictions. Failure to comply may result in the loss of security deposits and cars may be towed by the property owner at the car owner’s expense. PLEASE inform your guests, caterers and set up/clean up help and provide detailed parking directions ahead of time to avoid any problems. Positioning a parking monitor near the neighboring driveway is recommended to avoid any difficulties.
- Keys: Pick up and drop off the keys to the Old Town Hall side door & the dumpster as arranged with the Wilton Garden Club’s authorized agents.
- Rental Time: Arrive & depart within the times specified. Limit the use of the facilities to your Agreements stated purpose.
- Heating & Air Conditioning: The adjustable thermostat is located on the hall’s inside wall.
Exterior: The parking lot/driveway/walkway spotlight timer-switch is located outside the side door (in a box at eye level). Exterior door light switches are located inside the doors.
Interior: Main Hall light switches are located inside the front entry.
- Decorations: Make no changes or alterations to the building, its accessories, or its fixtures. No open-flame candles are allowed. Artificial decorations may be hung from the balcony bannister only on the existing hooks. Please do not use tape or any stick-on hooks or pins, as it removes the paint. No rice or confetti may be thrown on Old Town Hall premises.
- Balcony: The Balcony may NOT be used for guests.
- Size of Group: The maximum number in your party may not exceed the Fire Marshal’s posted limits: 53 seated at tables, 72 seated lecture style, or 114 standing.
- Smoking: Old Town Hall is a smoke free building.
- Grills: Gas or Charcoal Grills are not allowed on the premises.
- Alcohol: Alcohol use must be kept in moderation. Serving alcohol to minors is prohibited.
- Music & Dancing: Avoid loud or amplified music in respect of this residential neighborhood.
- Rental Equipment: Arrangements to drop off and pick up rented items (glasses, dishes, cutlery, linens, tables, chairs, etc.) should be cleared with the Rentals Chairman.
- Table & Chairs: There are 72 chairs and 10 tables available to renters in Old Town Hall. Please return all tables/chairs to their respective closets at the end of your event.
- Garbage: All wastebaskets are to be emptied and re-lined. Extra plastic bags are stored in the kitchen. All garbage and trash must be bagged and placed in the dumpster in the upper parking lot. Use key to unlock dumpster.
- Recyclables: Lessee is responsible for collecting and removing all recyclables from the premises. PLEASE DO NOT place recyclables in the dumpster.
- Snow policy: The parking lot, drive, and walkways are plowed regularly.
- Final Check:
- The renter is responsible for leaving the Old Town Hall clean. Floors must be swept and spills must be wiped clean. The vacuum cleaner and brooms are in the closet with the tables; mops and bucket are in the furnace room off the restroom, and other cleaning supplies are under the kitchen sink.
- All tables and chairs are put in their original closets.
- Please make sure all faucets are turned off and toilets are not running; hot water switch in the kitchen (red switch to the right of the stove) is turned off, ovens and cooktop are turned off, and coffee pots are unplugged and cleaned.
- Lights should be turned off (inside & outside). The front lamp post is on an automatic light-sensitive switch; do not touch.
- Thermostat is turned to 55 degrees in cold weather; turn to 75 degrees in warm weather.
- All trash is bagged and removed to the dumpster. Recyclables must be removed by the renter.