WGCs Flower Show “A Century of Flowers in Fashion” was a huge success! Congratulations to all of our 2021 Flower Show Award Winners!
2021 Flower Show Top Awards:
Division I: Horticulture – 156 Entries:
- Kim Young: NGC Award of Horticulture Excellence and NGC Award of Merit (Section H. Class 42) DAHLIA, Giants
- Lindsay Fontana: NGC Award of Merit (Section A. Class 5) Zinnia
- Andrea O’Meara: NGC Award of Merit (Section B. Class 17g) Any other named specimen.
- Sandi Blaze: NGC Award of Merit (Section C. Class 20) Gladiolus
- Sandi Blaze: NGC Arboreal Award (Section E. Class 31e) Any other named specimen.
- Haiku Durden: NGC Award of Merit (Section F. Class 32) ROSA, Climber
- Kim Young: NGC Award of Merit (Section I. Class 48) Dahlia Ball, Miniature
Division II: Design – 16 Entries:
- Michele Klink: NGC Tri-Color Award (Section A. Class 3) The Breakfast Club
- Margaret Colby: CT Judges Design Award (Section B. Class 4) Disco Inferno
Division III: Education Exhibits – 2 Entries:
- Anne Djupedal Gura and Wayne Gura, assisted by WGC Conservation Committee: NGC Top Exhibitor Award and Connecticut Judges Special (Exhibit 1) Award Fashion-Forward Flora: Natives are now in Vogue!
Division IV: Youth and Sponsored Groups – 102 Entries:
- Akira Nobumoto: NGC Youth Top Exhibitor Award (Section A1. Class 2.) Flowers –Coleus, Superfine Rainbow
- Olivia Durden: NGC Youth Top Exhibitor Award (Section A2. Class 1.) Fall into Autumn
- Pip Mitchell: NGC Youth Top Exhibitor Award (Section A3. Exhibit 3.) I am a Citizen Scientist
- Tony Musilli: Ct Silver & Pink Rosette (Section A3. Exhibit 1.) A Monarch’s Journey
- Julie Faro: NGC Youth Top Exhibitor Award (Section A4. Exhibit 1.) Pixie Runway
Division V: Botanical Arts – 24 Entries:
- Nancy Greeley: NGC Botanical Arts Artistic Crafts Award (Section A. Class 3) Ritzy, Swanky and Swell
- Pam Nobumoto: NGC Botanical Arts Photography Award (Section B. Class 1) Local Talent